Brent Bulletin #11
January 29, 2021
Dear Brent family,
While January has flown by quite swiftly, Semester 2 has ushered in a lot of positive energy and renewed courage and hope as we cheer each other on to #BeOurBestatBrent, even amidst a global pandemic and uncharted waters. Let’s persevere, bearing in mind everyone’s health and well-being.
Here are some February updates:
- As we continue to prepare for our Creativity, Activity and Service extra-curricular program starting Wednesday, February 10th, we kindly ask you to note the following important dates that refer to the registration and preparation for a successful afterschool program ahead:
|February 1, Monday||Combined LS, MS, US assembly on clubs featuring the Grade 11/12 Creative, Active, and Service (CAS) student-run clubs. Club form is due on Tuesday, February 2, 8 a.m. (no Wednesday assembly this week)|
|February 2, Tuesday||The Club form is due on Tuesday, February 2, 8 a.m.|
|February 4,Thursday3:00-3:25||Tech trial days for THURSDAY clubs|
|February 5, Friday3:00-3:25||Tech trial days for FRIDAY CLUBS clubs|
|February 8 (Monday)3:00-3:25||Tech trial days for WEDNESDAY CLUBS clubs|
|February 10 (Wednesday)||Start of clubs|
Below are our Middle/Upper School and Lower School Student Club Registration forms with their accompanying Video Tutorials:
|For Lower School|
|Link to form LS: https://forms.gle/CQdF33DuUjrP4n8Z6LS Video tutorial: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1efq64zl6kues0OKBtfG0L0-c8LHTuDVR/view|
|For Middle School|
|Link to form MS/US: https://forms.gle/5tXGW18mdpM4VsRf9 MS/US Video tutorial: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14XnN4g0lWg9Kgc0_bZBVyDltrCO5onOq/view?usp=sharing|
- EARCOS Triannual Magazine feature. We are happy to announce that the artworks of Elijah Galamay (Gr. 6 ) and Jihyeong (Connie) Kim (Gr. 9) are featured in the EARCOS Triannual Journal (Winter edition, 2020) , pages 51-52.
- Faculty and staff international training on Student Health and Well Being. We are happy to inform the Brent family that all subject departments and our clinic staff are represented in this upcoming EARCOS weekend workshop on student health and well-being, which will be held on January 30 and 31 by consultant, Ms. Amy Lauren Smith. Our faculty and nurses workshop-attendees will be joining around 15 other international schools in this international weekend workshop. We are looking forward to learning how we can continue to support teaching and learning during a time of a global pandemic and distance learning.
- Parent and Student Resources– We have compiled our parent and student resources here in this interface page featuring: course outlines, SEL, guidance, library, academic honesty, C19, calendar and orientation resources. We are currently updating our website and aim to transition and update these resources to the website. Meanwhile, this is made available for our families.
- Second Semester Faculty Focus: Guided by the eight strategies identified in our MMC primer, our academic departments are hard at work on the priorities set this second semester:
- Refining curricular priorities and assessment priorities vis-a-vis our schedule and current best practices and
- Focusing on health and well-being in body, mind and spirit (for all)- (currently in progress via our EARCOS weekend workshop this weekend)
- School IDs– For students who are needing their IDs for urgent matters, parents/guardians are asked to contact Ms. Jennie Umaging, Assistant Registrar @ [email protected] for immediate processing.
- Filipino Day– Mabuhay! We are excited to celebrate our virtual Filipino Day next month! Bb. Nelly Doliente and her Filipino classes have been making preparations for this special celebration. More details are forthcoming, but here are our Filipino Day dates:
|February 10, Wednesday||All School Chapel for Filipino Day|
|February 17, WednesdayAssembly time February 19, Friday Homeroom time||Special All-School Assemblies|
- Other upcoming events in February – more details to come
- Parents Virtual Cafe Meet with Dr. Celeste Coronado. Below is the schedule. Invitation flyers will be sent out next week.
Lower School, February 8, 3:00-4:00
Middle School, February 9, 3:00-4:00
Upper School, February 10, 3:00-4:00
- Information sessions for parents on Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) by Ms. Abbey Diwas- dates to follow
There will be more updates to come next week. This bulletin is also posted on our website.
Let’s continue to build curiosity, community and connection. Let’s continue to be lifelong learners.
We are grateful for each and every one of you. Stay healthy and safe Bulldogs!
“Be a Learner for Life”
Dr. Celeste R. Coronado