09 November 2020
Dear Brent family,
Warm greetings from the Magic Mountain as we now move on to Week 12 of our MMC program! In keeping connection, community and curiosity thriving for all members of the Brent family here are some exciting updates:
- Reading Awareness Activities for LS: Lifelong learners are readers and we are very excited for our events coming for Lower School!
(From T. Kim Arganda, LS Head): A Lower School assembly will be held to revisit the value of reading more and how books can take us on adventures in the safety of our own home. Other events to look forward to include a Read-A-Thon, book trivia games, and a dress-up day contest showing book characters in home libraries. You may expect a letter outlining these activities to be emailed soon.- November 11 LS Assembly of Book Awareness
November 16-30 LS Read-A-Thon
November 27 Book Character Dress Up Day
- Our LS Bulletin for November is up on our website https://brentbaguio.edu.ph/lower-school-newsletter/
- Our WASC Virtual Visit, Nov. 9-12, is on-going. All are invited to WASC Visiting Team’s report to the community on November 12, Thursday from 12-12:30 via a Google Meet link which will be shared the day before. Classes, of course, will still be ongoing, but nonetheless, we will be sharing with our students the report of WASC during homeroom time.
- ISAC online volleyball challenge Nov. 6-13– Brent Subic is presenting the first online volleyball challenge for MS and US students. This started on Friday November 6 and will end on Friday November 13, 2020. Let’s give our support and altogether build the ISAC community spirit!
6. Preparations are being made for a simple yet meaningful virtual Lessons and Carols which will be streamed via the school’s Youtube channel on December 6, 7:00 p.m. More details to follow.
Let’s continue to build community and connection.
Let’s continue to be lifelong learners.
We are grateful for each and every one of you. Stay healthy, Bulldogs!