27 November 2020
Dear Brent family,
TGIF and warm greetings from the Magic Mountain as we now are completing 14 weeks of our MMC program. Recognizing that Monday, November 30th is a holiday (Bonifacio Day), we hope you have a restful long weekend and that our families are able to focus some time on their well being and general health.Â
In keeping connection, community and curiosity thriving for all members of the Brent family, here are some updates:
- LS Reading Awareness week: Congratulations to Lower School on a well done and well participated Reading Awareness Week! We had a Lower School assembly that focused on the value of reading and how books can take us on adventures in the safety of our own home. We also had a Read-A-Thon and fun book trivia games. Finally, we were still able to carry out a virtual Book Character Dress up Day where our students and faculty dressed up as their favorite book characters. More updates to come next week on the results of the Readathon and our Book Character Dress up Day!
- 50K for Sharing and Caring: Weâ€™ve met our target! The donations received as of yesterday, November 26 by both the PTA and our cashier is Php63,113 sixty three thousand one hundred thirteen pesos. We have acknowledged all donations with a donation receipt.
Donations in kind include:
- 40 sets face shields
- 8 packs pampers diaper (24 each) sizes S M L and XL
- Â Â 2 big bags of assorted clothes
We coordinated and channeled our relief efforts through the EDNCP Episcopal Diocese of North Central Philippines through Bishop Nestor Poltic.
Thank you to everyone for supporting the donation drive for the victims of Typhoon Ulysses. Well done to our Brent family: our students and student organizations, staff, parents, and our PTA who have helped in whatever way and capacity to share and care.
- Global Issues Network (GIN) Assembly: We are happy and proud to share the work of our Global Issues Network – Dialysis chapter where the entire team of 33 student-members prepared an impressive video to raise awareness on kidney health for both Lower School and Middle and Upper School. Apart from a presentation on what keeps our kidneys healthy and what their BISB Dialysis chapter typically provides to the school and local community, they also prepared a short cooking demonstration featuring healthy ingredients. Here is their video (viewable through student email address).Â Well done to our GIN team! Letâ€™s keep ourselves and our kidneys healthy!
- ISAC online volleyball challenge Nov. 6-13– Well done, Bulldogs! Brent Baguio bagged the 2nd place in the challenge!
6. Lessons and Carols 2020: We are looking forward to a simple yet meaningful Lessons and Carols service which is scheduled for airing on December 6 at 7 p.m. via the schoolâ€™s Youtube channel. The virtual service will feature recorded songs and readings from our present students and Brent community members while recordings of songs by past choirs and school orchestras will complement the service.Â
Lessons and Carols is a service of Scripture and song that dates to the late 19th century.Â In this service, we listen to nine Scripture lessons which recount the Fall, the promise of a Messiah, the Incarnation, and the Great Commission to preach the Good News.Â Each lesson is followed by a carol or other song that reflects on the lesson’s message and a brief prayer. Brent International School Baguio has been celebrating this service as far back as the 1920â€™s, and it has become one of the many endearing traditions of the school.
Finally, we join everyone in celebrating American Thanksgiving.Â Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
This bulletin will also be posted on our website.
Letâ€™s continue to build community and connection.
Letâ€™s continue to be lifelong learners.Â Â
We are grateful for each and every one of you. Stay healthy, Bulldogs!
“Be a Learner for Lifeâ€
Dr. Celeste R. CoronadoSchool Principal