Dear Brent families,
What a packed month of August we have all had so far!
We hope that you are keeping safe and warm in your homes.
Here are some acknowledgments and updates on our school activities:
1. **First Field Trip of the School Year:** A big thank you and congratulations to our Art faculty, Mrs. Marites Castro and Dr. Julie Sibucao, for organizing a successful visit to Museo Kordilyera, UP Baguio, last week on Friday, August 25. The trip was attended by the Grade 10 Art class and Grade 11 IB Art students.
2. **No Classes, September 1 and September 13:** Again, there will be no classes on Friday, September 1, in observance of Baguio Day. Regular classes will resume on Monday, September 4. We will follow a Day 2 schedule to align with other Brent campuses. In addition, kindly note that there will be no classes on Wednesday, September 13, due to the 37th Sipat Anniversary, a Non-Working Holiday in the Cordillera Administrative Region. Classes will resume on September 13, Thursday, following a Day 2 schedule.
3. **Leadership Induction:** We extend our heartfelt gratitude to the chapel team, JCo, STUCO, House and Homeroom supervisors/homeroom faculty, and the PTA for organizing a meaningful and successful leadership induction on August 30, Wednesday, at the St. Nicholas Chapel. Special thanks to Mr. Robbins for his inspiring message about the power of encouragement.
4. **NHS Baguio Day Non-Uniform Day:** The National Honor Society (NHS) Non-Uniform Day has been rescheduled to September 8, Friday. Let’s celebrate Baguio and Cordillera culture by wearing red, green, yellow, black, Cordilleran attire, or any outfit that shows appreciation for Baguio. A participation fee of 50 pesos will be collected, with proceeds supporting the NHS legacy project. Please remember to observe the dress code.
5. **Brent History Talk with Mrs. Ursula Doaey:** The Brent History Talk with Mrs. Ursula Doaey (former Deputy Headmaster) for Middle School students has been moved to September 4, Monday, from 8:05 am to 9:30 am at the Reflection Center. Mrs. Daoey will be sharing her insights and experiences about Brent Baguio’s journey. Many thanks to Mrs. Daoey and Mrs. Geraldine Reyes for organizing this event.
6. **MAP Testing:** Our Fall MAP testing is scheduled for September 4-8, 2023. The detailed schedule can be found here. Students from Grades 3-10 will be tested in Reading, Language Use, and Math. These tests provide valuable information about student growth and learning areas. Thank you to Ms. Almae Caluya, our Guidance Counselor, for conducting a Parent Information Session on August 30, 2023, at 2:15 PM at the Little Theater. Slides and information were shared via email.
7. **SATURDAY | SEPTEMBER 2 | All BRENT Headmasters’ Retreat:**
– The Headmasters of the three Brent Schools and Mr. Dick Robbins, CEO/President of Brent Schools Inc. will be participating in a one-day retreat hosted by Brent Baguio.
8. **Upcoming Assemblies/Activities:**
– **All School CAS Assembly – September 6, Wednesday:** An All School CAS Assembly will take place on September 6, presented by Ms. Laura and CAS Club presenters. Parents are invited to attend.
– **Pep Rally Practice -September 7, Thursday, 3:15-4:15:**
– Yellow House: Gym
– Blue House: Little Theater
– Red House: Chapel
– **Note:** PreK students do not need to attend. Participants include Kinder students, Beginners (Grades 1-3), Juniors (Grades 4-6), Intermediates (Grades 7-9), and Seniors (Grades 10-12).
9. **Faculty Professional Development | International Workshop on Teaching and Assessing in the Age of Artificial Intelligence:**
An exciting opportunity is just around the corner as our dedicated faculty members gear up for the highly anticipated EARCOS Weekend Workshop on ‘Teaching and Assessing in the Time of Artificial Intelligence.’ Guided by the expertise of renowned speaker Jeff Utecht, this event will take place at Brent Manila on September 16-17. To ensure their full participation, our faculty will depart on September 15, Friday, at 1:30 p.m., leading to a half-day school schedule. Dismissal will be at 12:30 . This adjustment underscores our commitment to continuous learning and growth. As our educators immerse themselves in this enriching professional development experience, we reaffirm our dedication to providing a quality education for our students. Thank you for your support!
Once again, thank you to all for BEING ENCOURAGERS, and for your continued support in making these events successful and meaningful for our school community.
Happy Baguio Day to one and all!