We expect that each individual will make a unique contribution to achieving our learning results and we would like our students to be able to work individually and cooperatively to produce quality outcomes.
Brent International School Baguio, in a Christian environment prepares its students to be:
ESLR 1: RESPONSIBLE CITIZENS
- exercise leadership;
- work effectively with others;
- resolve conflicts productively and peacefully;
- demonstrate a sense of civic awareness; and
- contribute responsibly to the community.
ESLR 2: CRITICAL THINKERS
- distinguish between facts and opinions;
- construct and recognize the structure of arguments;
- define, analyze, and solve problems;
- organize and analyze materials and data;
- integrate information and see relationships;
- evaluate information by drawing inferences and arriving at reasonable conclusions;
- apply understanding and knowledge to new and different problems; and
- remain open to new information, methods, values, and beliefs.
ESLR 3: TECHNOLOGICALLY LITERATE INDIVIDUALS
- demonstrate basic technology skills;
- apply technology ethically and productively;
- communicate using technology;
- conduct research using technology; and
- use technology to enhance critical thinking.
ESLR 4: HEALTHY INDIVIDUALS
- understand and demonstrate physical, mental, and spiritual health;
- develop the life-long health and fitness goals; and
- understand substance abuse, its effects and consequences.
ESLR 5: TOLERANT INDIVIDUALS
- respect themselves and others;
- understand and appreciate the diversity and interdependence of all people;
- deal effectively with conflict caused by diversity of opinions and beliefs; and
- respect the role of gender, religion, culture, and ethnicity in the world.
ESLR 6: EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATORS
- articulate thoughts clearly;
- demonstrate an understanding of their audience;
- take responsibility for their message;
- demonstrate the ability to listen actively; and
- use a variety of communications skills.
ESLR 7: LIFE-LONG LEARNERS
- demonstrate intellectual curiosity;
- are self-directed;
- integrate and apply what they learn to improve their own lives;
- understand the values of continuous learning;
- reflect on and evaluate their learning for the purposes of self improvement; and
- use a range of learning strategies and time management skills to enhance learning.