Dear Prospective Parent,
All students applying for admission to Brent School must complete the application process in order to be considered for admission to the school.
Step One Once the required documents are complete, the applicant may call the Admissions Office to schedule for entrance tests and interviews.
Step Two On the scheduled test and interview date, it is essential to arrive on time. Submit the completed documents to the Admissions Office. Pay US $150, or the peso equivalent, to the Brent Cashier for the application and test fee. Entrance and placements tests are only for Grade 1 and above, including former Brent students returning after one or more years of absence from Brent. Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten applicants undergo an interview and skills assessment session by the Guidance Counselor.
Step Three Interviews with the applicant, the parent, and guardian (if necessary) will follow right after the test. This is a requirement before a decision on acceptance can be made.
Step Four When an applicant is approved for admission, a slot is offered in a specified grade level. Acceptance is confirmed by the family through the payment of a Slot Reservation Deposit and a signed Undertaking. The U.S. $1,500 Deposit will be applied towards the school fees. The Deposit and Undertaking must be submitted within three working days from the family’ receipt of the Approval for Admission.
A formal Letter of Acceptance is given after payment of the Slot Reservation Deposit and signing of the Undertaking.
Step Five Students are officially enrolled only after all admission requirements are met and fee payments/payment arrangements have been done. Once officially enrolled, the student is given a School Admission Card. The School Admission Card, duly signed by the the Finance Officer and the Registrar, must be presented to the studentâ€™s Homeroom Teacher on the studentâ€™s first day of school.
When to Apply
Brent accepts students throughout the school year for grade levels with openings.
It is the parents responsibility to complete all application material. Failure to provide complete and accurate information on the application documents may result in the application not being considered for acceptance, or the student being asked to withdraw from Brent after being enrolled.
The application documents to be submitted to the Admissions Office are:
- Application for Admission with Health Form
- Confidential Evaluation Forms from a current/recent school. Brent forms must be used.
–One from a main subject teacher:
Form for Grades 2 to 12
Form for Grade Kinder and Grade 1
Form for Pre-K—One from a Principal or Guidance Counselor (for Grades 2 and above)
- Certified copy of academic records for the most recent two years. If written in another language, a certified English translation must be provided.
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of immunization record. While no particular immunizations are required, please be reminded that the Philippines is in the tropical zone.
- Photos: Four (4) recent passport size photographs
- If the school fees are to be paid by an employer, a letter to that effect on the employers letterhead. A sample template is available at our office.
- Brent International School Baguio reserves the right to request other supporting documents or reports relevant to the admission process.
In addition to items 1-9 above, provide:
- Copy of the passport pages of the applicant and of at least one (1) parent showing: picture, date of birth and passport number with date of issue and expiration
- visa showing length of stay in the Philippines (study permit to be submitted when available)
Filipino applicants, as members of the international community, are most welcome to Brent. However, the Board of Trustees has limited the number of Filipino students to not more than one third of the total student population.
- The Brent Admission Qualifying Tests are administered to all applicants for admission at Brent, including former Brent students who are returning after one or more years of absence from Brent. Entrance and placements tests are only for Grade 1 and above. Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten applicants undergo an interview and skills assessment session by the Guidance Counselor.
- The Admissions Office arranges the test schedule. Please come on time.
- An interview with the applicant, the parent / guardian will be scheduled upon completion of the tests. This is a requirement before the final decision on Admissions is rendered.
- Applications with incomplete forms and documents will not be processed for admission