Dear Brent Community,
We had quite a bustling first week of school for the second semester! Here are some updates to share with all!
1. Brent Baguio is hosting Season 2’s Brent Cup tomorrow, Saturday, January 14!
Our school is proudly hosting Brent Cup after three years! We will be hosting nearby teams (Easter College, Cordillera Binnadang Football Club (CBFC), Brent Alumni teams) and Brent Subic to compete in a one-day friendly tournament. Brent Cup will take place on Saturday, January 14. In coordination with the PTA ℅ Ms. Joy, the Student Council (Ms. Geraldine and Mr. Joshua), and the Cafeteria (Mrs. Caluya), we will have concession stands available where food and drinks will be sold. STUCO will be selling Brent Cup Merchandise! PTA will be selling Foodpacks (rice and viand), ice cream, burger and siomai, etc. The cafeteria will sell drinks, taho and shawarma. We hope to see you! Let’s show our support for our Bulldogs and all our visiting teams!
Spectators are welcome to come on campus and show their support!
2. Release of Report Cards
January 13, Friday
Release of report cards (hard copy) for LS (emailed to K-3) (4-5 hard copy), MS and US by 4th block/2:30 p.m.
January 18, Wednesday
Academic Awards chapel
Reminder of Brent Citizenship Grades PPT here
3. STUCOXNHS Winter Ball for Grades 6-12 students
4. Second Semester Clubs timeline | Here’s sharing our initial dates in preparation for Sem 2 clubs!
January 25, (Wednesday)-27 (Friday)
Release of club form on Wednesday, January 25 with a video on instructions. Club form is due on February 6, Monday
Club planning, preparation work for CAS students & supervisors.
February 1 Wednesday
Combined LS, MS, US assembly on clubs featuring the Grade 11/12 Creative, Active, and Service (CAS) student-run clubs. Club form is due on February 6, Monday
Club form is due on February 6, Monday
Processing of club form sign ups
February 15 (Wednesday)
Start of clubs
(Student Organizations Feb 14)
May 5 (Friday)
End of clubs (tentative)
5. Cheering for the Brent Baguio, Brent Manila, and Brent Subic academic departments who will be having an Inter-Brent Department Summit at Subic from 9:30-4:30 to collaborate on curriculum development. Our Baguio team will be leaving tomorrow at 5 a.m. bound for Subic.
Brent Baguio Attendees:
- James Young (HOD)
- Jenny Francisco (Grade 6-8) Social Studies
- Julie Sibucao (Grade 6-12)
- Tes Castro (K-8)
- Kurt Salvador (9-10)
- James Young (might need to adjust times to meet this the TOK group)
- Paul Engler
Brent Subic Attendees:
- Mr. Roy Cosca (HOD Rel. St.)
- Ms. Louise Fernandez
Mr. Erik Clarke
- Social Studies
- Mr. Ryan Thibaut (HOD)
- Ms. Jenny Ong
- Mr. Chris Dominguez (HOD)
- Ms. Sheila Griarte
Brent Manila Attendees:
- David Schalm (HOD)
- Roy Buensuceso
- Giulia Casella
- Damian See
- Kyle Pace
- Tess Selga (HOD)
- Andrew Fulo (HOD)
- Ouie Castaneda (Information Technology Director)
- Sam Eslamieh
- Kristi Pozon (IB Coordinator)
6. Here’s sharing photos of the meeting with House Heads and House Leaders with Coach Boy on sportsmanship held on January 11, Wednesday. Here’s cheering for our houses as they prepare for Field Day on February 3, Friday.
5. We will be having a Chinese New Year Assembly by Mandarin Class students on January 25! Here are the following preparatory activities leading up to this special assembly:
Chapel practice – Monday, Jan. 16 (2:30 – 3:00 PM)
Poster Making Contest – Jan. 10 – 20
All School Assembly – Jan. 25 (7:45 AM)
Wushu Dance and Chinese New Year Delicacies – Jan. 25 (Recess Time)
6. ISAC Basketball /Football Information
ISAC Season 2 is set to happen on January 26-28, 2023 (Thursday-Saturday) at Brent Subic. Both the girls basketball team and boys football team have been working hard to prepare for the tournament!
Finally, thank you to Mr. Ben Gertes and the Project Lightning Team (Baguio Smart City Project) for an inspirational message about being a lifelong learner and a leader. Mr. Gertes talked about how exposure, passion, motivation, and living one’s mission led him to be an exemplar of leadership and of being a good community member. Thanks to the chapel team: Our Grade 8 class, Dr. Julie Sibucao, Mr. Kurt Salvador, Mr. Gilbert Burgos, Dr. Gev Sacley, our student performers and acolytes for all their hard work.
Opening and Closing Song – Russel Romero
Opening Prayer: Andrei Bautista
Prayer leader: Debbie Bangsoy
Scripture readers: Louise Gertes and Paolo Marquez
Intercession: Soobeen Lee, Debbie Bangsoy
Closing Prayer: Nhureen Gavina
Have a good weekend, everyone! Congratulations to all on a great start to Semester 2!
Dr. Celeste R. Engler